1 2 3 4 5

Featured Post 1

Featured Post 1

Featured Post 2

Featured Post 2

Watch Bridesmaids Movie Trailers & Movie Review



  • Download Full HD Wallpapers



  • Movie Trailers

    Movie Review

    Everyone kept saying that this was the female version of "The Hangover". I disagree its much funnier than that. The best part of "The Hangover" was Ken Jeong jumping out of the trunk of the car. BTW, Ken Jeong is the man! I love his character Senior Chang on Community too. Getting back to my point; Bridesmaids was much, much, much funnier than "The Hangover". I haven't laughed so hard since "Something About Mary".

    I like adult humor. I like potty humor. I will laugh at a fart joke. I'm immature like that. "Something About Mary" had the hair gel scene, "Bridesmaids has the bathroom scene. Something about Mary had the franks and beans scene and Bridemaids has the airplane scene. Speaking of which the airplane scene made me laugh so hard that I had tears running down my face. It has to be one of the funniest scenes in a movie in the last decade!

    It was great to see that Kristen Wiig co-wrote and co-produced this movie. I'm glad that she and Maya Rudolph have escaped the POS boys club that is Saturday Night Dead. I have enjoyed Maya Rudolph's work since "Idiocracy". "Away We Go" is another gem starring Rudolph. So I was really pleased to see these two women coming into their own.

    The supporting characters were a riot as well. Rhodes (Chris O'Dowd) charm was the perfect counter balance to Ted's (John Hamm) douchebaggery. Annie's (Kristen Wiig) roommates were funny. I recognized Gil (Matt Lucas) from Little Britain USA. Brynn (Rebel Wilson) was excellent as the roommate from Hell.

    The other bridesmaids had their moments as well especially Rita (Reno 911's Wendi McLendon-Covey), but the breakout star is Melissa McCarthy who plays the groom's sister Megan. She has perfect comedic timing, and I like that her character was a plus sized woman who was confident, comfortable being herself, accomplished, successful, and she got her man in the end.

    I already want this on DVD. That's how freaking funny this is. It's like a special FU to the @$$es that say "women can't be funny". I noticed during the credits that Judd Apatow is one of the producers as well. It surprised me to know that I have enjoyed another movie he had involvement in. To date I have only liked two of his projects; The Ben Stiller Show and The 40-Year-Old Virgin. I have not been able to sit through "Knocked Up", "Superbad", "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy", "Step Brothers", Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, and most of all "Funny People". All of these movies have played on cable and I just can't make it through them without getting really bored and changing the channel after 30 minutes. Because of this I have developed an aversion to anything Apatow related. When "Get him to the Greek" came out, I didn't even attempt to watch it.

    For all intents and purposes "Bridasmaids" is a Kristen Wiig production. She has done a supreme job of creating a true comedy. A movie that makes the audience laugh out loud. The experience of watching this movie really brought me back to the late 90s and early 2000s when movies like the aforementioned "Something About Mary", "Bootycall", "Bad Santa" and "Napoleon Dynamite" (Your mileage may vary on this one, but when Uncle Rico threw the steak at Napoleon I LMAO) were making audiences laugh. I'm glad to see comedy make a comeback!

    By the way there is a bonus scene during the credits that is also laugh out loud funny, so stay for an extra minute or two.

    ETA: The scene when Annie leaves the reception and Rhodes is standing in front of his car waiting for her felt soooooo "16 Candles" to me. Rhodes was standing like Jake Ryan! Come to think of it, this movie was a throw back to movies like "Better Off Dead", "Real Genius", even "Beverly Hills Cop". those were all comedies that had a real plot and story arch that went beyond laughs. It featured film structure staples like character development, a conflict that the protagonist must overcome, and a resolution in the end. Imagine that!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment